iLac, xLac, Acrylink & iJel:
iLac Hybrid Gel Polish Application:
1) After disinfecting your tools and workstation with INK Disinfectant Spray proceed to apply INK Cuticle Remover, wait for approximately 30 seconds before pushing away the dead skin with an orangewood stick. To de-activate the cuticle remover we recommend washing the hands thoroughly with soap and water before drying (you can de-activate using INK Prenail Prep but be sure to thoroughly double wipe). Then clean the nail surface thoroughly using INK Pre-nail Prep (to remove any grease, dirt or oil from your nail) - Please note: Almost ALL brands recommend a light buffing (240grit) of the nail plate in order to aid adherence and provide longevity...we prefer that you don´t do this as we are somewhat manic about protecting the natural nail...it is of course an option and should you wish to do so please lightly buff prior to using the INK Prenail Prep
2) Apply a thin coat of iLac Hybrid Base Coat (cap the free edge) and cure (30secs LUX48 LED/120secs UV)
3) Shake (or stir) the bottle well! Apply a thin coat of iLac colour polish remembering to cap the free edge of the nail to prevent chipping and cure (30secs LUX48 LED/120secs UV)
4) Apply a second coat of iLac colour polish and cure for 30secs LUX48 LED/120secs UV
5) Apply a coat of iLac top remembering to cap the free edge of the nail and cure for 30secs LUX48 LED/120secs UV
6) To remove the sticky residue (inhibition layer) from the nail, thoroughly wipe with a cotton pad saturated with INK Cleaner - This will bring out the shine and complete your iLac Manicure
iLac Removal - Easy! Saturate a cotton wipe with INK Remover then place the wipe on the nail securing in place with aluminium foil. Wait 8 minutes (maximum) and remove the wrap. Remove any residue with an orangewood stick
iLac Tips: 1) apply thin coats, thin to win! 2) to produce maximum shine be sure to cure the second colour coat fully prior to applying the top coat (we fully recommend INK Cleaner to remove the sticky residue, not because we manufacture it but because it is specially designed to bring out the maximum shine in our iLac range) 3) 1 or 2 drops daily on each nail of INK Cuticle Oil +Vitamins will help keep your nail hydrated and increase the longevity of your iLac manicure 4) Buffing prior to application will increase the longevity of your manicure but we really don´t recommend it - if you are a buffer then please buff lightly 5) LED Curing...There is such a wide variety of LED lamps on the market that it is difficult to provide an accurate cure time, our lamp is extremely powerful so if you are using a less powerful one you may need to increase the cure time to 60 or even 90 seconds (especially for the second colour and top coat)
***If applying iLac over gel or acrylics there is no need to use iLac base coat***
xLac All-In-One Gel Polish Application:
1) After disinfecting your tools and workstation with INK Disinfectant Spray proceed to apply INK Cuticle Remover, wait for approximately 30 seconds before pushing away the dead skin with an orangewood stick. To de-activate the cuticle remover we recommend washing the hands thoroughly with soap and water before drying (you can de-activate using INK Prenail Prep but be sure to thoroughly double wipe). Now, thoroughly clean the nail surface using INK Pre-nail Prep (to remove any grease, dirt or oil from your nail) - Prior to using INK Prenail Prep you may lightly buff the surface of the nail using a 240 grit buffing block, this will ensure maximum longevity...it isn´t our recommendation to do so but the option is there if you wish. After wiping with INK Prenail Prep you may (an option, not a necessity) apply a thin layer of INK Air Drying Bonder before commencing your first xLac coat.
2) Shake (or stir) the bottle! Apply a very thin coat of xLac polish (the thinner the stronger) remembering to cap the free edge of the nail to prevent chipping and cure (30secs LUX48 LED/120secs UV).
3) Apply a second coat of xLac polish and cure for 60secs LUX48 LED/120secs UV
4) This is a real easy one, nothing! Thats it your xLac manicure is now complete - There is no need to use cleaner (cleanser) with xLac
xLac Removal- Saturate a cotton wipe with INK Remover then place on the nail securing with aluminium foil, wait 3 minutes and remove the wrap. Remove any residue with an orangewood stick
xLac Tips: 1) we cannot stress the importance of applying thin coats, trust us, the thinner the stronger!!! 2) We would like to repeat Tip 1, THIN coats please 3) 1 or 2 drops daily on each nail of INK Cuticle Oil +Vitamins will help keep your nail hydrated and increase the longevity of your xLac manicure 4) For greater longevity you can apply our INK Air Dry Bonder (Acid Free) after wiping down the nail with our Pre-nail prep 5) Buffing of the nail surface isn´t necessary in our opinion, however, if you do buff lightly it will increase the longevity significantly 5) xLac is a 1 step system so what i am about to write may sound rather strange...you may if you wish apply iLac Top Coat over your xLac polish, if you do then after curing you will need to wipe off the inhibition layer with INK Cleaner. If using iLac top coat the removal time will increase by 2 minutes.
xLac can be used on the natural nail or over gel and acrylics
Please note: LED Lamps are all different, the curing times are based on using our LUX48 LED. Other LED lamps will require a longer cure time.
xLac is designed to last up to 10 days!
iJel Hard Gel System by INK London - Sculpting
1) After thoroughly cleaning the hands of both the client and the technician proceed to disinfect your tools and workstation with INK Disinfectant Spray
2) Apply INK Cuticle Remover to the cuticle area on each finger and after 30 seconds proceed to push away the dead skin from each nail
3) Very lightly buff the surface of the nail to remove any grease or dirt from each nail before thoroughly wiping down the full nail surface with INK Pre-Nail Prep
4) Apply a very thin coat of INK Prime-Bond for maximum adhesion, this will air dry in seconds
5) iJel does not require a separate base coat so the first step now is to apply a thin coat of iJel Clear Gel (please note: for this stage you can use one of iJel´s other gel colours) across the full nail surface and the form - cure under UV for 1 minute or LUX48 LED for 30 seconds
6) Proceed to build your nail according to your chosen design normally using 1 or 2 layers. iJel is self levelling so simply push the gel around the nail surface gently curing each layer for 2 minutes under UV or 30 seconds under most LED lamps (some could take 60 seconds)
7) Using INK Cleaner wipe down the nail to remove the sticky layer before filing the nail to create the chosen shape and length
8) After wiping away any dust from the nail proceed to apply 1 coat of iJel Pro-Finish and cure for 2 minutes under UV or 30 seconds under LUX48 LED. iJel Pro-Finish is a no wipe protective top coat that gives the ultimate shiny finish
9) Add a drop of INK Cuticle Oil+Vitamins to each nail
+iJel is designed for sculpting and for use over tips +iJel is a hard gel (file off)
***If you are applying iLac or xLac over iJel there is no need to use iJel Pro Finish, after building your nail, wiping and shaping simply proceed to apply your first iLac/xLac colour coat. If using iLac over iJel you MUST finish with the iLac top coat (not iJel Pro Finish)